StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Australian Schools Areas of Study > Accounting Schools Forum Australia MPA CPA CA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 27th, 2008, 04:41 AM

Default mpa from cqu

actually i m planning for the mpa from cqu brisbane,

i have some doubts regarding course, uni and regarding future?

like.....

1. i have done bachelor of arts nothing to deal with account, can i cope up with the syllabus while doing part time job?

2. availabiltiy of accomodation option and charges?

3. what kind of part time is available here in brisbane campus and at how much pay?

4. how much hours we can work in part time job while doing masters?

5. what will be the future after doing mpa in aus from cqu?

6. what time it will take to get pr there?

i know these questions will take ur much time but it can help me alot,,�

i hope u will reply with good advice

thanks�

Last edited by gouravahuja1 : October 28th, 2008 at 01:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:30 PM

Can any one , tell me how hard it is to study MPA in CQU in melbourne , I dont know much about it .so if any one can give us a hint , that will be great.
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:05 PM

i have same query in mind....i have done MBA management from country...which has some accounting courses......now i would like to know that.....i have fair bit of idea how accounting looks like.....

can anyone tell me....whic one is easier....Master of Accounting or Master of Professional Accounting from CQU MELBOURNE.....
Old November 25th, 2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatdd View Post
i have same query in mind....i have done MBA management from country...which has some accounting courses......now i would like to know that.....i have fair bit of idea how accounting looks like.....

can anyone tell me....whic one is easier....Master of Accounting or Master of Professional Accounting from CQU MELBOURNE.....
Normally, Master of Accounting has a dissertation component, beside the usual coursework component. MPA on the other hand is pure coursework basis.

To enrol into MAcc, you will need to have an accounting major in your bachelor. There is no such condiition for MPA as MPA is a conversion course for non-accounting students.

However, I dont seem to be able to find MAcc in CQU handbook. Only MPA (CF28) and MPA (CG47) for non-graduate entry.
Old November 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM

Yah thanks for that , we just want to know how the subjects are like and how hard its is
Old December 1st, 2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzzolbull View Post
Yah thanks for that , we just want to know how the subjects are like and how hard its is
Depending on the universities, the units vary from one to the other. For those universities that are EQUIS accredited (for example), the course will definitely include a business ethic unit. Notwithstanding the above, MPA units are basically theoretical and practical in nature. There are calculations to know (include simple debit/credits of transactions, consolidations etc) and you will be exposed to accounting standards and concepts (ie, AASBs).

How hard is it? Not a question that will land you with an objective answer as it depends on individual student. If you are here to study hard, then i dont see why you can pass the units. Perhaps, the only thing i can add is, if you hate precise calculations and analyses stuff, then you will probably dislike MPA units.
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM

Guys, I heard that there is certain semester were the student allowed to work full time in vacation.

When is that time ? Which semester is that ? What is the advantage of that ?

Is CQU at Melbourne is good? Is it in the city center?
If so it will be great help for work?

Can anybody clear on this matter would be very helpful and I am planning to come to CQU at Melbourne.
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:24 AM

hi

i m planning for the mpa from cqu brisbane,

i have some doubts regarding course, uni and regarding future?

like.....

1. i have done bachelor of arts nothing to deal with account, can i cope up with the syllabus while doing part time job?

2. availabiltiy of accomodation options and charges?

3. what kind of part time jobs are available here in brisbane campus?

4. how much hours we can work in part time job while doing masters?

5. what will be the future after doing mpa in aus from cqu?

6. how much time it will take to get pr there?

i know these questions will take ur much time but it can help me alot,,�

i hope u will reply with good advice

thanks
Sponsored Links