StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Australian Schools Areas of Study > Nursing Schools Australia Study Nursing Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 21st, 2007, 12:03 PM

Unhappy MBBS through a nursing degree?

Hi every one,

My childhood dream is to be a doctor. But i heard it's take lots of money to do a medical degree in aus. So i heard it would be best if i get a nursing degree first then cut into a medical degree. And I heard it also save my time than doing some thing els for my bachelor. So i want to know wither is this true and if it is how many years it will take me to get my MBBS. Thank u sooo much. Hope u will hel me to get through this.

Susitha
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM

There is no stated connection between doing a nursing degree and then moving on to a graduate medical degree. The graduate medical degree is open to all graduates and there is no stated preference for any type of graduate, including nursing and science graduates.

Along with this, the graduate medical program still requires a minimum of four years study.

You can read a bit more about it at the various pages at the following website - http://gamsat.acer.edu.au/index.php?...3&Itemid =238
Old December 23rd, 2007, 01:36 AM

Red face

Hey thank u sooooooooo much but that's what i heard from my agent. Hey i'm a international student and they said i have to take numerous tests before i could enrolled with a medical degree and doing nursing degree will cut all those hard things and make it easier to joining with a medical college. And with a good grade and work experience in nursing will also trim the time for a normal medical degree. hey really sorry if i'm bothering u i'm sooo confused it would be a big help if u hlp with me this out oh plzzzzzz. thanks.
Old December 26th, 2007, 06:18 AM

agents say something ... they get the money ... 4 years later ... what are you going to do? i dont know if it is true or not .. maybe it is true ... is there something written down about this? davidbreen has the link says there is no connection ... if the agent says there is a connection .. does he have anywhere this is written down like on the net or in uni handbook?
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:36 AM

hey

thank u so much for ur comments all people. At last i found there is nothing something like but i eventually found doing biomedicine the best way to get into a medical faculty. Because it has a so smiler course structure to the medicine so it is so easy to get into a medical college. So thnak u soo much everyone.
Sponsored Links