StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Australian Migration Forum - PR - Skilled Migration - Student Visa > Student Visa Australia & Work Permit Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 25th, 2007, 01:46 PM

Smile Turn around time for Visa processing

Hi friends,
I am an aspiring student from India. I am planning to study IT at Melburne, Swinburne by Feb 2008. The orientation date is on 18th of Feb.
I need advice from you guys regarding the visa application/processing turn around time.
# Will it be ok to file up my visa doc. by the first week of December 2007?I mean to ask, will I get the visa processing done well in time to attend the orientation on 18th of Feb? (for example - If I apply for visa on 3rd Dec, I will have 9 weeks till Feb 10th 2008.)
# How long does Oz Highcommission usually take to process a visa application?

This is my first post on this forum. I am truely thankful to you guyz for offering such a helpful forum.
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalboy View Post
Hi friends,
I am an aspiring student from India. I am planning to study IT at Melburne, Swinburne by Feb 2008. The orientation date is on 18th of Feb.
I need advice from you guys regarding the visa application/processing turn around time.
# Will it be ok to file up my visa doc. by the first week of December 2007?I mean to ask, will I get the visa processing done well in time to attend the orientation on 18th of Feb? (for example - If I apply for visa on 3rd Dec, I will have 9 weeks till Feb 10th 2008.)
# How long does Oz Highcommission usually take to process a visa application?

This is my first post on this forum. I am truely thankful to you guyz for offering such a helpful forum.
hi digi guy
im from india too..well it generally takes around 4-6 weeks for the online visa..
but it all depends on the case officer..i suggest u go according to ur plan and u shud b safe..
cheers
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:52 PM

Smile

Hey Hemant,

I guess u r frm Gujarat. First, I must say... Gujarat is the liveliest state of India!!!
Anyway... My Educational agent is keep saying that it takes around 12 weeks to Visa process. If it is true... I ll be in a fix as I am planning to have my IELTS by Nov 3rd only.

I value ur idea and just want to ask u one thing... Is 8 week is a good enough time for visa processing?

my Orientation is on Feb 18th 2008 so if I apply for visa by Dec 2nd or 3rd, I will have good 8 week in hand till Feb 2008.... Wat ya say??? I am doin' my plan correctly? Plz advice.
Old September 27th, 2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalboy View Post
Hey Hemant,

I guess u r frm Gujarat. First, I must say... Gujarat is the liveliest state of India!!!
Anyway... My Educational agent is keep saying that it takes around 12 weeks to Visa process. If it is true... I ll be in a fix as I am planning to have my IELTS by Nov 3rd only.

I value ur idea and just want to ask u one thing... Is 8 week is a good enough time for visa processing?

my Orientation is on Feb 18th 2008 so if I apply for visa by Dec 2nd or 3rd, I will have good 8 week in hand till Feb 2008.... Wat ya say??? I am doin' my plan correctly? Plz advice.

dude m not gujju...m a punjabi hindu..all hemants are not gujjus..well he is right in a way tht he is having a conservative approach...its good tht he is not fooling you..but i feel 8-9 weeks is good enuf...i wud however like to add tht u can never be sure about these immigration officers...they do things their own way..
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:21 PM

If you have applied using eVisa, then you should expect decision within 8-10 weeks. Paper based visa applications are taking anywhere between 3-5 months these days.
Old November 11th, 2007, 04:42 AM

Hi Digitalboy, a piece of advice from someone who has suffered coz of the visa delay, people suggest e visa coz of shorter processing times... but i would like to throw some light on the e visa process ... firstly the e visa processing doesnt take 4-6 weeks as everyone has been saying ...it can take anything from 25 days to more than 150 days ... i applied through e visa on 23 rd july 2007 ...as of today im still waiting for approval ... i know a gal who applied on 1 st june 2007 and has not got visa till today ...whereas the australia high commission new delhi has cleared all visa applications till 8 th august 07. so i would suggest u to apply as soon as u can otherwise u would be caught in a situation like me, n believe me ...there would be nothing,u could do to speed up ur visa processing ..goodluck
Old November 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM

Hello Jatt,

Any visa application submitted should be as much decision ready as possible. The problem could be with the application itself. If information provided is incomplete than it will take longer than expected due to request for further information and documentation.

If you are still waiting for your application, then you should check with your agent. I am sure they will be able to follow it up. Four and half months wait is too much for student visas.

Jag Khairra
MARN 0634839
info@mymigration.com.au
Old November 13th, 2007, 12:41 AM

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagkhairra View Post
If you have applied using eVisa, then you should expect decision within 8-10 weeks. Paper based visa applications are taking anywhere between 3-5 months these days.
Hi,

Is it true that paper lodged application can take 3-5 months ? In my case i have finished all formalities, PVA & medical was done in Feb and have paid the fees and recd COE on 23rd Oct...my case is being followed by an education rep here...can i expect my VISA by beginning of Dec ? Course start date is 15 Feb.

Rgds
Samrat
Old November 13th, 2007, 04:16 AM

The best is to constantly check with your rep, becoz i had a coursemate from Bostwana who arrived on the lst day of class started (went for class straight from airport) because of delay in visa processing back from his hometown. Lucky for him that his relative is staying here to help him out, otherwise he would have brought along all his luggage to class
So to avoid such problem, please chase and chase like mad, don't sit there and wait...
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygal View Post
The best is to constantly check with your rep, becoz i had a coursemate from Bostwana who arrived on the lst day of class started (went for class straight from airport) because of delay in visa processing back from his hometown. Lucky for him that his relative is staying here to help him out, otherwise he would have brought along all his luggage to class
So to avoid such problem, please chase and chase like mad, don't sit there and wait...
hi happygal..
new to the forum?
where u from?
cheers
hemant
Sponsored Links