StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Australian Migration Forum - PR - Skilled Migration - Student Visa > Migration PR Points Skilled Migration Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM

Arrow Getting Points for Designated Language by NAATI

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know if accreditation from NAATI is only for people trying to apply for PR as Translators or Interpretors as their profession or is it open for people from other professional fields too? Like in my case being a ICT professional would i be able to take the test and with a positive outcome claim the 5 points?
Also if there is someone who has already taken the test will you please share the experience?

any info on this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM

Yeah you can sit (for) it but it's not easy (but not so hard like rumor has it either). At least it's what I can tell from sample kit (past papers I assume).
Old September 14th, 2011, 03:15 AM

Thankyou for the prompt response friend, so it seems good to go-ahead in that case.
Old September 17th, 2011, 09:43 PM

Would you say the IELTS band score of 8.0 is easier to get than the NAATI 5 points?
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Would you say the IELTS band score of 8.0 is easier to get than the NAATI 5 points?
I have an overall result of 8.0 with 3 bands equal to or over 8.0 but I still think that Naati is easier with reference to our cases. But Naati test is not easy either.

But if you are from China or Korea you can just study for it (Naati accreditation) and get 5 points...
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM

First of all for NAATI i think it depends on how strong you are on your first language / language other than English. If let's say you did ur high schooling in your home country and you have 7 ielts in all bands i'd say go for naati mate. i know ielts is cheaper but with ielts it's too random, you can do well or bad depending on your luck and condition on the test day. So i'd say go for naati but having said that do some sample practice test and also the ethic questions as well..good luck mate
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliva View Post
First of all for NAATI i think it depends on how strong you are on your first language / language other than English. If let's say you did ur high schooling in your home country and you have 7 ielts in all bands i'd say go for naati mate. i know ielts is cheaper but with ielts it's too random, you can do well or bad depending on your luck and condition on the test day. So i'd say go for naati but having said that do some sample practice test and also the ethic questions as well..good luck mate
And it would also depend on how they use the language (other than English) here in Australia. I reckon it's not much different in terms of some European languages such as French, Italian... But with reference to my case (Vietnamese) it may not be the same, especially in terms of collocations and vocab. Ironically, we can understand either way but the people here just don't (or they just pretend not to understand, I don't know) and may not give us mark(s).
Old September 20th, 2011, 06:27 PM

If you practice and have luck, you can get 8 in IELTS as well, You may not get in one attempt but you can. I have IELTS 8 max of 9 in reading but had to take several tests for it.
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbhusal View Post
If you practice and have luck, you can get 8 in IELTS as well, You may not get in one attempt but you can. I have IELTS 8 max of 9 in reading but had to take several tests for it.
But you have 8.0 cross the bands? If so congratulations. Such an achievement.
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM

I missed 8 (got 7) in writing .
I think each 8 combination of luck and smart-work.
Sponsored Links