StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Australian Schools Areas of Study > English - ELICOS - ESL - IELTS - TOEFL
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 12th, 2009, 10:58 PM

Lightbulb Anyone requested rechecking of IELTS paper ?

Hi all

I just want to know if anyone among you ever requested to re-check IELTS papers ( answer sheets ) ? And if you did , what was the outcome ? Did they change your results ?
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:45 PM

@ prepress.student,

did u apply for rechecking ? did they increase your scores ? plz let us knw !

rgrds,
broken_wings
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:52 PM

hi guys,

i got my recheck results and guess what ! it increased from 6.5 to 7 in writing...so that means i got 7 in each bands... i m so happy and relieved. thank u guys for advising me to go for recheck. i would suggest others who also missed out marginally to apply for recheck. you never knw...!
Old March 25th, 2010, 07:07 PM

congrats !

broken_wings

did you apply re-check in just one module or all four of them ?
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress.student View Post
congrats !

broken_wings

did you apply re-check in just one module or all four of them ?
thanks mate.

i applied for all four of them and i think it helped. Because when a examiner sees that you got more than 7 in 3 sections but missed out marginally in 1 section, then i guess, they show some pity on students.

i would suggest, even though you missed out in 1 section, you better apply for recheck in all four sections because they cant reduce marks other than increasing it ! so why not take a chance !

best of luck mate for future !

cheers !
Old April 25th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Default IELTS rechecking

i recently gave my IELTS test and scored

Speaking: 8.5
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 7.5
Writing: 6

i'm very disappointed and i'm thinking of giving it for rechecking. does it help? is there any chances of getting 7 in my writing?
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gal26 View Post
i recently gave my IELTS test and scored

Speaking: 8.5
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 7.5
Writing: 6

i'm very disappointed and i'm thinking of giving it for rechecking. does it help? is there any chances of getting 7 in my writing?
if you are confident of getting 7 in writing, then you better apply for recheck. I would suggest you to recheck all four bands because you have got good bands in others. so seeing that, examiner may consider to increase writing score...who knows !

best of luck !
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Pete J

Hi

It's true that you cannot get a lower band score when you apply for a remark, and so the only risk in asking for a remark is that your score comes back the same and you lose your money.

However, the examiner who looks at your writing will not know the other scores that you got in any of the skills (because this could influence their mark for your writing), and so this should not be the reason that you decide to get a remark.

My advice is that you think about whether or not you completed both tasks, answered the questions in full, organised and linked your ideas clearly, and used a range of grammar and vocabulary accurately.

If you did, then you should consider getting a remark.

You could also compare your writing to the example answers in the Cambridge IELTS series of past papers (e.g. Cambridge IELTS 7); in these books the example answers are given band scores by certified examiners.

In that way, you'll get an idea of whether or not your writing is good enough.

Good luck,

Pete
English language teacher and company director
www.e-englishteacher.com
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:16 AM

Default thanx

thanx Pete...i think i did pretty well in writing this time coz when i gave the test last time i scored 7 in writing and the lady at the test centre told me to attach the previous certificate while giving for rechecking to show that i scored higher marks before just to increase my chances i guess... i'm going for rechecking anyway and i hope they increase it to 7.
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM

Default any news?

hello gal ,
did you applied for a remarking? please share with us and tell us the result?
Sponsored Links