StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Australian Schools Areas of Study > English - ELICOS - ESL - IELTS - TOEFL
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 15th, 2009, 07:16 AM

Question Best learning Way For IELTS ?

hi!
what the best way for pass IELTS ?
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Dear Daniel

If you have the funds and the time, the best way to prepare is to take some IELTS Test Preparation classes. There you will be able to complete some practice tests and get feedback from teachers as to how you could improve.

Best wishes,
Elissa
Australian Catholic University
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:12 PM

Hey,
I have maintained a regular habit of making my flash cards on which I keep on adding new words everyday.... Just try learning at least 5 new words everyday, add them to your flash cards.... keep on revising on the go anywhere coz u can keep them in your pocket.... Coz I revise them whenever go for long walks or on a hike....Smile
Reading a lot is the key.... or just open dictionary and randomly find 5 words....
The key is.... just do it everyday and revise them regularly.... Smile
Old September 18th, 2009, 11:51 PM

I think it is difficult to rely only on self-study.
I guess your writing and speaking will not improve unless you get comments on your performance by a trainer
Old October 31st, 2009, 10:18 AM

Smile

Hi, I believe the key to pass the IELTS is to practice, practice, practice. Set an hour or two of your day everyday to do practice tests at least two weeks before your actual exam. Time your reading and writing tests. Get a speaking partner if you're not that confident with your speaking skills. A good website that helped me a lot in my review is www.ielts-blog.com , you will see there actual questions given in previous IELTS around the world, try to answer them and get someone to check your work. GOOD LUCK!
Old November 7th, 2009, 09:15 AM

Smile Online IELTS Training

Hello Dear Daniel
This is john from London. IELTS Test is very Easy Test in
compare To Gre-Tofel test but If you joined IELTS class then you need to attend class properly.And also you can gets Online IELTS Training in Internet And you have to spend daily 1 and 2 Hour for your studies. If you will follow thing thing. definitely you will clear IELTS exam. so all the best for you exam
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:09 PM

There is no pass mark in IELTS exam.There is measurement in a brand score.You can get any one of them according to your depth knowledge of English.Whatever how you are expert and accurate in speaking, reading, writing and listening.So one good suggestion for you and all other candidate of IELTS is practice ,practice and practice this is the write way to get a higher brand score.
Old November 12th, 2009, 01:33 PM

RanaHamid is correct.

IELTS is a measure to highlight your capability in each aspect of the langauge. IE: Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening.

Take a mock IELTS test and see what your score is.

Then you will have an idea as to which area is your weakest. So make sure you target practice that skill set a little more (IE, listening, speaking etc).

It is very easy to get high points on the Listening & Reading bands if you practice well enough.

In the spoken round the key is to remain clear at all times and be comfortable with what you say. They are checking to see whether you are able to EXPRESS yourself fully. So the content of what you say can be something simple but how you say it is more important.
Old January 10th, 2010, 09:16 PM

Ranahamid and The Doctor know what they are talking about: it is a test of English. The best way to prepare for the exam is to improve your core English skills.

I would be very careful of the "practise, practise, practise" approach. It only works if your English is good enough already. When you listen to other people's stories of how they improved overnight, be aware that they could only do that because they had the English in the first place.

There is a serious danger that candidates focus so much on tips and tricks that they forget to learn some English. So I would recommend quality of practice, not quantity.
Old February 12th, 2010, 05:51 PM

Will scoring high offer you a scholarship or not.
Sponsored Links