StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Study in Australia - General Topics > Study in Australia - ask a question
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 5th, 2009, 09:44 AM

Default Distance education in Australia

Hi all,
is there anyone who is studying via distance at charles sturt university or university of south australia. i have got offer from both of the uni for my bachelors, as i work full time i can only study via distance only. i would like to hear from someone who is studying at those uni or who has studied, how is the reputation of those unis and quality of course in general and graduate outcome? any comment in this issue is highly appreciated.

Suren
Sydney.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM

CSU is pretty well established in this area. The on campus reputation of UniSA is probably better than CSU because CSU is a regional uni, but CSU reputation for distance education might be better.
Old July 19th, 2009, 03:21 AM

I think a lot of this comes down to the actual program you will be choosing, personally I'd probably pick UniSA, did my double degree with them and some courses were done internally while I probably did the rest 30% via distance learning. Overall I have had a fairly positive experience and some external courses were quite interactive via online discussion boards etc. If you are going to do business-related program, I'd say go with UniSA.

Good luck.
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:43 AM

Default Undergraduate Distance Learning

Hi, I live in Hong Kong and would like to study for a degree via distance learning. I should also like to know what is the fastest possible time and which university should I approach.
Old October 20th, 2009, 12:05 PM

Default Unisa

Many thanks for the information about UNISA. Well done to have done two degrees through them.

If I studied say, a BSC in Geography & Environment or an Engineering degree. Are they quick to send out and mark work. I am currently having a bad experience with a UK distance learning programme. It took 6 weeks to get the initial books and I am still waiting for stuff, this has meant that no way could I complete a module get it back for marking, wait for them to give me my mark and assuming I pass, then book for the summative exam. only dates they offer for exams are November and February. As you can see from these dates to complete enough formative modules for marking in between February and November, means that sitting more than one or two exams each year is impossible. UK work strictly to the 3 semesters and no weekends, so lots of commitment from the students doesnt mean a thing if the marking and turnaround system in the UK is flawed.

Having experience of UNISA do they mark work quickly, do they mark online or did you have to post things to them for marking.
Sponsored Links