StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Australian Migration Forum - PR - Skilled Migration - Student Visa > Migration PR Points Skilled Migration Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 10th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Post Degree assessment from ACS

I am about to complete my Masters in IT in June 2009. I have already completed 3 semesters and now my last semester is remaining, which I'll complete in June 2009. Result will be declared in July 2009. Now my question is:

1. ACS website says it will take 10-12 weeks for assessing qualification. If I apply for assessment in July after I complete my degree it would take approx 3 months to get assessment result. I do not want to wait for that long to file my PR.

2. Is it possible to send my application for assessment with the results of my 3 semesters itself ? So that my application comes under processing state and then I will submit my last semester result as soon as I get it in July.

Any suggestions/feedback/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Smile
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:56 AM

I'm having the same issue. Apparently, it seems like it really does take 3 months for the assessment. (where probably the student visa will expire at that time)

I don't think you can apply early, because they say you must have completed the qualification by the time you apply.

I will probably apply for TR after lodging my application to ACS. Then go for PR after the assessment is completed.

Cheers,
HappyCat
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday I've come to know that we can directly apply for PR instead of TR and can just give the reference number in PR file, that we get from ACS after we send our degree for assessment. If you get to know anything else do update me.
Old February 15th, 2009, 07:18 AM

Thanks for that info.
Old February 15th, 2009, 03:00 PM

Red face Abt PR accessment

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile05 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Yesterday I've come to know that we can directly apply for PR instead of TR and can just give the reference number in PR file, that we get from ACS after we send our degree for assessment. If you get to know anything else do update me.
Hi iam srii. I applied for student visa for a 2 year MAsters course. I have sum dbts regarding PR. Wht is tht assessment means? wht they will do? did they need our previous bachelors degree certificates also? wht is the process for tht? did they send our certificates for verification in india? or what? what is the points based system? what are the points for PR points test? Plz help what is the best process for getting PR easily.. Dnt think me bad...As iam a student only..Iam asking this to have knowledge of all these as iam comming there na...
Old February 19th, 2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avula007 View Post
Hi iam srii. I applied for student visa for a 2 year MAsters course. I have sum dbts regarding PR. Wht is tht assessment means? wht they will do? did they need our previous bachelors degree certificates also? wht is the process for tht? did they send our certificates for verification in india? or what? what is the points based system? what are the points for PR points test? Plz help what is the best process for getting PR easily.. Dnt think me bad...As iam a student only..Iam asking this to have knowledge of all these as iam comming there na...

Hi srii !

The assessment means the check for standing in line with the set criteria for a professional in australia. They actually do not verify your degrees or transcripts at this stage but still they do need these to assess your qualification, your experience and the relevance of all these in comparison to the set standards in australia. The verification is done by DIAC (Department of Immigration And Citizenship) after your lodge your application for visa. To have a valid visa application you must have your skills assessed by ther relevant assessing authority. You may check additional information on the acs website at the following link: http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killassessment

Regards,

Kashif Amir
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:00 AM

Exclamation Confirm the occupation i fall in with MIS Degree

Hi its Awais here,
I am student of Master of information system in CQU, my majors are in information Systems. Courses details are as follows
System Managment Overview
System Developer Overview
Database Development and Managment
Digital Telecommunication and Networks
Web Applications for business
Information System Managment
Data Mining
Knowledge Manangment
Network Security
Human resource Managment
People work and Organisation
Marketing Managment

Please assist me to figure that in which category from SOL 2010, i fall with above mentioned subjects.
ANZSCO Code: 261111, 261112, 261311, 261312, 261313, 263311, 263312.

Thanking you in anticipation for your cooperation.
Warm Regards.
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:43 AM

If you're applying as a recent graduate, you can apply for only one code (the general one, I don't remember the code)

Computer professionals - nec
60 Points

If anyone's interested, it took me about 2 1/2 months to get my skills assessment done.
Sponsored Links