StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Study in Australia - General Topics > TAFE Australia
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 5th, 2008, 01:38 PM

Default diploma of community welfare

hi all im currently studying a diploma of community welfare work in perth thje course is not on the modl any more will i be eligible for pr after finishing my studies,can some one help me out ?
Regards
Michael Georges
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2008, 06:28 AM

yeah you can be eligible if you get enough points but will you get enough points? no extra points for perth study probably not enough.
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:37 AM

why not? if you get
30 for age 18 - 29
25 for language ability - 7 across all bands in IELTS
60 for Nominated Skill occupation
5 Australian Qualification
total 120
will this be not enough? kindly enlighten me
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:10 AM

Cool hi how are you?

hi i m twinkle shah 33 years old ,recently heread that there are chnges in rules in hair dreassing & commercial cookery,i am goin to pursue hair dressing on 5th of Jan at CIC college,so plase inform whether i should chnge the course?
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:07 PM

I Think U Should Change The Course Boz These Courses Not Anymore In Mold List.. So U Should Not Get Enough Points To Be A Pr
Old January 1st, 2009, 12:55 PM

thanx but please tell me which course i have to take MPA or muty media or construction related.i m in very tense so plese saw me right direction
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_downunder View Post
hi all im currently studying a diploma of community welfare work in perth thje course is not on the modl any more will i be eligible for pr after finishing my studies,can some one help me out ?
Regards
Michael Georges
You should be able to get a State Sponsorship in WA because of your course... so you would need just 100 points... but I might be wrong...
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:38 AM

What will happen if it's not in the MODL already?

It is in the SOL though.
Old May 9th, 2009, 11:24 PM

My cousin has come to Australia from India to study Diploma in Community Welfare Work. There are different pathways (Aged care, Child services, Community services etc) to pursue this course and he has chosen the Certificate III in Aged Care and then Certificate IV in Aged Care followed by the Diploma in Community Welfare Work.

Someone has probably misguided him saying that one cannot get the PR after doing this course because his profession (Welfare Worker 2512-11) that is worth 60 points though, is not in the MODL.

Now I calculated his points and I am self-convinced that he should be able to score 120 points as follows :
skill : 60 points
English language ability : 15 points (he should be able to score overall 6.0 but would be hard to be consistant in all modules)
specific employment : NIL
Australian employment : 10 points (Not sure about this but he works as a Carer for approx 16 hours a week)
Australian qualifications : 5 points (Diploma)
occupation in demand (and job offer) : NIL
designated language : NIL
studying and living in regional Australia : NIL (Lives in Perth)
partner skills : NIL (Single)
State/Territory government nomination : NIL (Not sure at the moment)
Designated Area sponsorship : NIL

Please guide us if he is going on a right track to be able to get PR if the current immigration rules sustained upon completion of his studies after 2 years.

Also why do we apply for TR after completing the course ? What if the person has already worked for specified number of hours in his own profession as a part of his internship or part-time work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlee View Post
yeah you can be eligible if you get enough points but will you get enough points? no extra points for perth study probably not enough.
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by batrarobin View Post
My cousin has come to Australia from India to study Diploma in Community Welfare Work. There are different pathways (Aged care, Child services, Community services etc) to pursue this course and he has chosen the Certificate III in Aged Care and then Certificate IV in Aged Care followed by the Diploma in Community Welfare Work.
i will be doing same path above...soon, hopefully....
Sponsored Links