StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Australian Schools Areas of Study > Nursing Schools Australia Study Nursing Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 5th, 2008, 09:29 PM

Default Any Programs for Overseas Qualified Registered Nurses-II from Nepal.

Hi,
i just wanna is there any suitable program for Overseas( Nepal) Qualified Regestered Nurses.
In Nepal, Two level of Nursing Degree avilable.
-Diploma Nurse(3 years Nursing Degree.)
-Bachelor Nurse.
is there any suitable programe for Diploma Nurses who are Regestered National Medical Council.and they wants to get reg. in Australia no matter for Region& Fee. But Conversion Degree should not be longer than one year.
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:29 PM

Hello Luxman,
I am in same situation, applied for PR for australia.
my wife has done 3 years diploma in nursing from india , 6 years practise in public health nurse.
Old February 8th, 2008, 12:37 AM

Hi Luxman,
To get registration with Australia Nursing Board:
1. Take IELTS and get overall score of 7or more.
2. Apply to the state's nursing board where she wants to registered with. Like if she wants to go to sydney then apply with NSW nursing board or if she wants to go to brisbane then apply with Queensland Nursing board.
3. Fill the application form and submit with all the necessary documents (nepal's nursing transcripts, employment details if available, ......etc) and assesement fee together. Check the checklists in each nursing board's website.
4. Nursing board assess her qualification and ask her to go for bridging program or overseas nurses program which may take around 6 months and costy too.
5. There are many universities/institutes offer such program.
6. Without nursing board's letter, she cannot take this program.

I too planned for this before but later changed my mind. There are conversion programmes for registered nurses which last a year but not all lead to registration. I'm taking one conversion course at Flinders University. After completing I will gain a degree as well as will be eligibe for registration. But you have to get 7 in IELTS.

I hope this info helps.

go4pan
Old February 8th, 2008, 03:10 PM

thanks alot to go4pan,
i want clearify that Nepalese Registered Nurse means who have,
-10 years school Education.
-3 years Nursing Diploma
-Registered in Nepal Nursing Council.
-Around 1.5 years experience.
& They are willing to take IELTS score around 6 only.
IS there any alternatives to get registration in Austrlian Councils.
Any Oversees Registered Nurse Programe or conversion programe? but course should lead to Registration in Australian Council.

Any suitable course/college/University for me plz help me?????
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:54 PM

Hi Luxman,

As I mention earlier, you must have a IELTS score of 7 or more to get registration directly with Australian Nursing councils but still have to go through the Overseas Nurses Program. (6 months program)

For conversion program too, you have to get overall 7.0 in IELTS. (one year program)

Another option is, enrol in 3 years Bachelor Nursing program where they accept IELTS 6.0. (that's what my friends are doing now)

Lastly, you can try to do another IELTS. Repeat until you get the your desired score. Remember, practice is the only key for this test.

go4pan
Old February 14th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxman View Post
thanks alot to go4pan,
i want clearify that Nepalese Registered Nurse means who have,
-10 years school Education.
-3 years Nursing Diploma
-Registered in Nepal Nursing Council.
-Around 1.5 years experience.
& They are willing to take IELTS score around 6 only.
IS there any alternatives to get registration in Austrlian Councils.
Any Oversees Registered Nurse Programe or conversion programe? but course should lead to Registration in Australian Council.

Any suitable course/college/University for me plz help me?????

Luxman, it dosent matter if you had gone thru 10years of school education.
And sadly, you would probably have to go thru the conversion program, which probably takes you 6mths to complete or thru a nursing degree course for international nurses (most nurses from india etc take this route). After you finish this program, you can then register as a RN in the state that you are in, and you will be able to practice as a RN in other australian states - reciprocal agreement .

Visit any state's nursing boards website and they will have a list of Universities/hospitals that offer the conversion program. BUT TAKE NOTE: that you will only be able to take up these conversion programs (6mths) only if the nursing board has issued you a referral letter. The 1year degree program DO NOT require a referral letter.
Old February 14th, 2008, 07:35 PM

Hi all,
Please help me, i am in the situation of Dielma,
I have applied as Bn136 family migration as toolmaker (me) as primary applicant, my wife is registered nurse GNM 3 years diploma in nursing from delhi, india experience of 6 years practice as Public health nurse.
Can i registered in the intended state of australia before landing or visa approval. or apply for pre-registration course.
regards
dilip singh
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdilip_1979 View Post
Hi all,
Please help me, i am in the situation of Dielma,
I have applied as Bn136 family migration as toolmaker (me) as primary applicant, my wife is registered nurse GNM 3 years diploma in nursing from delhi, india experience of 6 years practice as Public health nurse.
Can i registered in the intended state of australia before landing or visa approval. or apply for pre-registration course.
regards
dilip singh

your wife would qualify for either a pre registration program (6mths) or a 1-1.5yr Bachelor of Nursing program.

Be prepared to fork out $.
Old February 15th, 2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teohui View Post
your wife would qualify for either a pre registration program (6mths) or a 1-1.5yr Bachelor of Nursing program.

Be prepared to fork out $.
Thanks
, for your concern and guidance
dilip
Old April 4th, 2008, 01:42 AM

Luxman, there is also two years course as Graduate Entry Bach.of Nursing Pre-registration...which will automatically lead to registration as nursing overseas students will get one year credits for 3 years program. Good luck
Sponsored Links