StudyConnect.com Forum Study Connect Students       

Go Back   StudyConnect.com Forum > Study in Australia - General Topics > General talk about any topic
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 29th, 2012, 10:53 AM

Default Can indian with australian student visa apply USA student visa from Melbourne

Hi, present I am on student visa in Melbourne pursuing masters in good manufacturing practices and quality management in Swinburne university. I am not feeling well at the standards of faculty for this course. So, I thought of applying USA study visa where I can get lot of universities offering this program. So, I mailed to USA consultate regarding this. They replied that I can apply from Melbourne. So, what would be the chances of getting visa from here.
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2012, 12:47 PM

yes of course why not? standards in america in uni you enter might not be high as well. international education is just a big industry like fishing and coal mining. sad thing is people are involved.
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:41 AM

Chances of getting a visa? Easy let me ASK my friend from the Embassy......
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:31 PM

Look US embassy for Indians is in India.
So, US embassy for australians , will not accept application from Indian nationality.

In fact , they will ask you to go to India to do application OR if your consultant can do application for you in India.

But I am not sure about it..........Probably, It's specific student Visa , You may not be able to do......But if some other Visa , such as Tourism ,,, you may do---But I DO NOT HAVE PERFECT IDEA .

But good Question !!
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:35 PM

ONE MORE thing ,

For study in USA, You will have to Show all FUNDS.
Now, mostly these FUNDS coming from India - your home.

So all relavent documents such Income tax return etc of sponsoror would be of Indian base.... for American standards.

While people in US embassy in AUS will not have specific knowledge of Indian Standard -- they have knowledge of Australian Standards.... So it might be NOT POSSIBLE...

But You CAN ASK SOME US Consulate in MELBOURNE.
Old April 21st, 2014, 02:57 PM

Hello Mr.Avrchowdary,

even im planning to move to usa from australia. can u help me out
Old April 24th, 2014, 05:08 AM

USA is best More then Australia ..you can apply to US from your back home country , India PAKISTAN, Bangladaish ..etc Student should go back to home country for visa processing .
Sponsored Links